The Badger Group is seeking a professional with a background in marketing, print, or sales to join our team as a Business Development Manager.
This is a critical, high-profile, and results-oriented role. We are seeking someone who is smart, ambitious, and has regularly out-performed his or her peers. The right person will fit into the team-based Badger Group culture. This is a unique opportunity to join an organization with plans for aggressive growth while remaining true to its small town roots.
The role is based in our Fort Atkinson, WI office and may require minimal overnight travel. The position includes an excellent initial compensation package that transitions to commission plus benefits over time.
The Business Development Manager manages and closes deals with a mix of existing and new clients. The ideal candidate understands how to cultivate deep relationships with prospective clients, partnering with them to determine their needs, promoting The Badger Group’s capabilities, and delivering world-class service.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify new business opportunities with businesses/nonprofit organizations of all sizes, and develop relationships with decision-makers within these organizations.
- Utilize consultative selling practices to uncover client needs and offer solutions.
- Develop strong relationships with clients in order to be considered a core asset to each client.
- Travel regularly to visit clients in a local territory.
- Communicate sales activities/forecasting on a monthly basis with management, and develop and implement annual sales goals to achieve revenue expectations.
- Maintain a complete understanding of The Badger Group’s products and services.
- Keep current on marketing best practices, and identify the benefits and application of marketing tactics.
- Work with business development team to refine strategies for specific verticals, including strategies for working with nonprofit organizations.
- Turn client feedback into actionable strategies for driving new business and addressing client needs.
- Work collaboratively with internal resources in project management, database management, marketing, and creative services.
- Present self to both internal team and external clients in a positive and professional manner that reflects the values of the organization.
- Demonstrate marketing acumen and a “can do” attitude.
Passion, drive, and creativity are just some of the basic traits we are looking for in a Business Development Manager. Experience handling solution selling in an agency environment along with working with an internal team to drive business forward are keys to being a successful Business Development Manager.
Specific qualifications include the following:
- Minimum of 3-6 years experience in solution-based selling, preferably in marketing services
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in proposing and closing multi-channel campaigns and/or agency of record deals
- Effective communication skills, including strong writing and confident presentation skills
- Intellectual agility and entrepreneurial mindset, demonstrating drive, initiative, energy, and a sense of urgency in acquiring and serving clients
- Excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects
- Self-starter with the ability to be proactive and work as an effective team member
- Ability to learn and absorb new concepts quickly and rapidly adapt to changing business and client demands
- Confidence and talent for building relationships
- Experience working in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
- Ability to handle rejection
- Experience in marketing or selling print materials is preferred, but not required
Email your resume and cover letter to Sally O’Brien at SallyO@badgergroup.com or mail your application materials to The Badger Group, Attn: Sally O’Brien, 100 E. Blackhawk Drive, Fort Atkinson, WI 53538.
The Badger Group is an Equal Opportunity employer.