The Badger Group has a long history in Jefferson County. The company started up in Palmyra, WI. While it was officially the Palmyra Publishing Co., it operated under the trade name of Badger Press. Still operating under this trade name, the company became LaChance Printing and moved to Fort Atkinson in 1951. In 1955 the company again changed hands and moved to Jefferson, becoming incorporated as Badger Press, Inc.
In 1975, Frank Brown purchased interest in the company, becoming its 10th employee. He purchased the balance of the company in 1978.
The company built a new facility and moved back to Fort Atkinson to its present site in 1990. With three additions since 1990, the plant has expanded to its present 58,000 square feet.
In January 2013, the company changed its operating name from Badger Press to the Badger Group to better reflect the expanded offerings beyond print, including marketing campaign management, personalized direct mail, data enrichment, mobile marketing, social media marketing, and design services.
In December 2013, Frank retired after a 39-year career in the print industry and sold his business to his daughter and the Badger Group’s President, Sally O’Brien. O’Brien began working at the Badger Group in 1988, became President in 2000, and is now President/Owner. The Badger Group is a WBENC-certified Woman-Owned Small Business and an FSC-certified printer.
The Badger Group continues to grow, thanks to long-standing client partnerships and dedicated and experienced employees. Originally a commercial printer, The Badger Group has expanded into a communications solutions partner, offering targeted integrated marketing and new technology communications to our clients nationwide.